5.1 Application for Membership
There are three categories of members:
- A Professional Member is a member accepted by the Committee and subject to stringent screening of his/her professional capabilities in carrying out SIA studies.
- An Ordinary Member is an individual who has satisfied the requirements of membership as in Rule 5.1.1.
- A Student Member is one who has satisfied the requirements of membership as in Rule 5.1.1 and is a student at the time of joining membership. Such membership should not exceed 3 years.
5.1.1 Possess recognised qualifications and experience related to social impact assessment in the following disciplines:
- Social Sciences
- Landuse and Natural Resource Planning and Humanities
- Any other relevant course that is accepted by the Committee
5.1.2 Every applicant for membership shall be Malaysian citizens or residents above 18 years of age and membership shall be made on the prescribed form, proposed and seconded by two members who are in benefit on the date written on the said form and shall be submitted to the Secretary of the Pertubuhan who shall, at the first convenient opportunity, forward it to the Executive Committee for their approval. The Executive Committee may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason.
5.1.3 Every applicant whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall upon payment of the prescribed entrance fee and the first annual subscription, be admitted as a member of the Pertubuhan and shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership.
5.1.4 No University student or University college student shall be accepted as a member of the Pertubuhan without prior written consent of the Vice-Chancellor or such other official.
Source: Extracted from Constitution